The playtest for Pissed! Fish has been the most productive playtest of any of our games. We were able to actually implement a lot of the suggestions we received. With our past games we were always in a hurry to get the game released. There’s something about being that close and losing a bit of patience because of the curiosity of wanting to know how well the game is going to do. It’s a difficult decision determining when a game is “complete.” After all – development could easily never end. In the case of Pissed! Fish we fought off our initial impatience and it seems to be paying off. We’re very happy with polish we’ve been able to put into the game in just the past couple weeks – and hopefully it’ll pay off when it does get released!
We have been busy working on improvements to the game based on the feedback we’ve received from playtest. Some of the things we’re working on:
- Options Menu! We’ve been kicking around the idea of having an options menu for a while, but thanks to the feedback we’ve received we feel it will be a great improvement. Players will be able to adjust things such as camera movement speed, cannon movement speed, analog sensitivity, and sound volume.
- Our art team has been working on some new stuff to make it easier to navigate around the level selection screens. It should be easier to tell when you’re focus is on the world selection options at the top and it will be easier to tell when you’ve switched worlds.
- We’ve been able to tweak a few settings that should help eliminate some of the lagginess seen in some of the more extreme levels.
- We’re investigating some camera improvements such as the camera auto-moving back to the cannon/fish.
- We’ve added feedback sound in a couple of the menus upon request.
- In addition to the tutorial screens that explain how the controls function we’re considering making the first level a bit of a tutorial level with clear images of buttons and instructions of how to use them.
I’m sure we’ve missed something in our list but overall we’re very pleased with the progress being made. We’d like to see the game in review next week!
If you have an XBox Live App-Hub (formerly Creators Club) account you can check out Pissed! Fish right now! - Playtest Link -
We’ve been working on Pissed! Fish for several months now. We hope to post some updates with pictures and video soon!